Get in Touch
Participants will receive Sensible Safety certificate of attendance on completion of a written and practical assessment. Certification is valid for 2 years from a QQI qualified Patient/Manual Handling tutor.
Manual Handling & Patient Handling – Full Day
Patient Handling Practical/Theory – Approximately 4 hours
The aim of the Patient/Manual Handling Training programme is to ensure that learners gain the skills required to carry out the key principles of the Kinetic Lifting Technique in a safe manner.
The course is for people who want to learn the safe and effective techniques used in the safe moving and handling of people in a variety of settings.
Manual Handling Course Content
- Anatomy of Spine, vertebrae and intervertebral discs.
- Manual Handling risk assessments
- TILE Principle
- Fitness and Flexibility
- 8 Principles of Lifting
- Demonstrate the correct technique for lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling, carrying loads by hand and team lifting.
- Practical Demonstration and Assessment
Patient Handling Course Content
- The Law and its Application to the Manual Handling Environment
- Musculoskeletal System
- Biomechanics and Mechanism of Injury
- Ergonomics and Risk Assessment
- Basic Principles of Lifting
- Log Roll
- Sitting Patient up in Bed
- Turning patient in bed using sliding sheets
- Moving patient up the bed using sliding sheets
- Sitting Patient to edge of a bed
- Standing patient
- Transferring patient from bed to chair
- The falling patient
- Correct use of hoist / slings
10 max per group
For further information contact Call 053 9239383 or email firstname.lastname@example.org