Get in Touch
Participants will receive a Sensible Safety certification in Coordinating Safety at Construction Stage.
4 days – delivered in conjunction with Wexford Skillnets
This advanced certificate will equip the learner with knowledge, skills and competence to supervise project at construction stage. It can be used as a stand-alone qualification or to enable the learner to transfer to other programmes leading to a major award.
One successful completion, the learner will be able to:
- Define and understand the role, responsibilities and liabilities of the following duty holders: Client, Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP), Designer, Project Supervisor Construction Stage (PSCS), Contractors, Homeowners of Private Dwellings, Visitors and Members of the Public.
- Explain and implement the role of PSCS in the site project safety management.
- Evaluate and understand key definitions: reasonably practicable, liabilities of Directors, Project Managers and Site Foreman as outlined in current legislation.
This includes a clear understanding of the statutory obligations relating to evaluating a range of Method Statement and Risk Assessment formats.
- Develop the Construction Stage Health and Safety Plan in consultation with other duty holders.
- Explain the process of Project Close Out and the provision by Contractors/Sub-Contractors of the relevant written information for the Project Safety File.
- Understand the importance of employee involvement, consultation and communication in site safety management systems.
- Be familiar with all up to date legal requirements relating to construction projects.
- Since August 2013, the duties outlined above apply to any “Home Owner” who commissions or procures a project in relation to their domestic dwelling.
- Learners who successfully complete this course will automatically become “Members of the AMPM Construction Safety Academy”.
Who Should Attend:
Contractors, Project Managers, Architects, Engineers, Site Foremen, Safety Officers and Homeowners, particularly if involved in construction or renovation of a private dwelling.
14 max per group
For further information and to book contact Wexford Skillnet
Or Call Sensible Safety Office 053 9239383 or email firstname.lastname@example.org