Get in Touch
Participants will receive a QQI Level 5 minor module 5N1794 certification Health & Safety At Work.
The aim of the Safety and Health at Work training programme is to provide learners with the knowledge, practical skills and understanding required to promote and maintain safety and health in the learners working environment.
- Legislation and the role of the H.S.A.
- Safety Statements
- Safe and healthy working environments and good housekeeping in the workplace
- Accident/Incident investigations and reporting
- Fire prevention and evacuation procedures
- Mechanical and electrical and Chemical Safety
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) is used in the workplace
- Control and associated risks of a range of health and safety issues to include noise, sound, fumes, dust or any vocationally specific work issue
- First aid responsibilities in the workplace
- Infection control – prevention methods and contamination procedures
- Risk factors in relation to safety to include hazards, work environments, work practices, effects of medication, drink and drugs
- Safety signs in the workplace
- Safe and healthy working practices in relation to oneself, others and the workplace
- Risk factors in relation to health to include stress, lifestyle, diet, illness
- Roles of diet and exercise in the promotion of good health.
Who Should Attend:
The course is suited to learners who either wish to further their skills and competencies within the field of health and safety management or who have responsibility for safety within their current employment.
14 max per group
For further information contact
Call 053 9239383 or email email@example.com